Ex-Barcelona captain set to return to active football


The ex-Barcelona captain is believed to be training with a view to ending his retirement from football for a lucrative end-of-career spell in Qatar or the MLS
 
The 36-year-old retired in 2014 after 15 years at Barcelona but according to recent reports, Carles Puyol has started training with a view to ending his retirement from football for a lucrative end-of-career spell in Qatar or the United States.

According to Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo Puyol has offers from MLS club and clubs from Qatar.
Carles Puyol in the past had revealed that he could make a comeback to football if the persistent knee injury that forced him to retire allows him.
"I don't think I'll be a coach, it's not what I'd like most," Puyol said in May 2014
"Maybe I'll change my mind but for now I want to do other things."

0 Comments: